Inevitably, your carpet will eventually be subjected to drops, spills, accidents and whatever is on the soles of your shoes. To help you keep your carpet in its best possible condition, we have put together a collection of handy tips.
- Don’t rub stains or spills – blot them instead using a clean cloth, paper towels, or sponge. Blotting helps to soak the stain up, whereas rubbing the stain will cause particles to be ground into the carpet fibres. Always blot from the outside of the stain inwards to avoid the risk of spreading the stain.
- Vacuum your carpet regularly using a high quality vacuum cleaner. Cheaper vacuum cleaners do little to prolong the life of your carpet as they only pick up surface dirt.
- Reduce the amount of soil being tracked into your carpet by using mats at all entranceways and having a ‘shoes off – socks on’ policy.
- Attend to spills and stains immediately – the longer they are left the harder they are to remove.
- Get your carpets cleaned regularly – professional cleaning is necessary to remove oily, sticky soil which accumulates from a variety of sources. Professional deep cleaning will also minimise dust mites, and should be carried out every 6 – 12 months.